Paradise Point Yacht Club (PPYC) is a non-profit volunteer organization with the goal of supporting and promoting the sport of Sailing at Smithville Lake and in the surrounding Kansas City area. For many years, PPYC has continued to grow and evolve in our service to the membership while expanding community outreach through formal sailing classes, individual instruction, and social media. Today, PPYC boasts membership nearing one-hundred families that enjoy sailing in all types of boats from scows, to dinghy’s, to catamarans, to trailerable cruisers, to larger keel boats, and an auxiliary power squadron.
Sailing is much more than spending time on the lake. Sailors enjoy a special fraternity that forms when sharing knowledge and time on the dock helping others. This camaraderie opens doors while traveling as yacht clubs everywhere always welcome visiting sailors. Who else would see the humor in, “… we got a good lift when the puff hit, but just then the halyard parted and the main landed half in the water!”.
Learn more about PPYC member benefits or to explore the sport of sailing, make arrangements by using the Contact link above.
- See Calendar for Complete Listing of Scheduled Events
- Monthly Socials
- Spring and Fall Round-the-Buoy Racing
- July 4th Fireworks Raft-Up
- Tuesday Wine Cooler Race / Gal’s as Skipper
- Wednesday Beer Can Races
- Extensive Learn-to-Sail program – organized through Park Hill Community Education Center
- Special Summer Weekend Activities (Movie Nights / Karaoke)
- Midnight Sails / Poker Runs
- Summer Sailstice Flotilla (Worldwide event celebrating sailing and the solstice)
Facebook users get updates and reminders at Paradise Point Yacht Club’s Facebook Page.
“Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing – absolutely nothing – half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats.” Kenneth Graharne, The Wind in the Willows, 1908