Paradise Point Yacht Club (PPYC) is a non-profit volunteer organization with the goal of supporting and promoting the sport of Sailing at Smithville Lake and in the surrounding Kansas City area. Founded in 1985, PPYC has continued to grow and evolve in our service to the membership while expanding community outreach through formal sailing classes, individual instruction, and social media. Today, PPYC boasts membership nearing one-hundred families, with activities for both young and old.
Sailing is much more than spending time on the lake. Sailors enjoy a special fraternity that forms when sharing knowledge and time on the dock helping others. This camaraderie opens doors while traveling as yacht clubs everywhere welcome visiting sailors. Open to “Newbie’s” and “Old Salts” alike.
Learn more about PPYC member benefits or to explore the sport of sailing, make arrangements by using the Contact link above.
- Monthly Socials
- Spring and Fall Round-the-Buoy Racing
- July 4th Fireworks Raft-Up
- Monday Wine Cooler Race / Gal’s as Skipper
- Wednesday Beer Can Races
- Learn-to-Sail program – organized through Park Hill Community Education Center
- Special Summer Weekend Activities (Movie Nights / Karaoke)
- Midnight Sails / Poker Runs
- Summer Sailstice Flotilla (Worldwide event celebrating sailing and the solstice)
Facebook users get updates and reminders at Paradise Point Yacht Club’s Facebook Page.
“Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing – absolutely nothing – half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats.” Kenneth Graharne, The Wind in the Willows, 1908